Thursday 20 February 2014

Susie- Human Resources Apprentice

Hi, I'm Susie and I work in the Human Resources Department at Tameside College as a Human Resources Administration Assistant. I am studying for a Level 2 in Business Administration and a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Customer Service. My job role involves calculating and inputting data for payroll, helping to organise events within the workplace e.g. charity events, Health and Well-being
week. I also deal with customers face-to-face and over the phone and manage the department’s correspondence.

After leaving high school I completed my A-levels and then came to Tameside College to study a Level 2 in Beauty Therapy. After which I decided not to go to university because I realised that there would be a lot of debt involved and there wouldn't be a guaranteed job at the end of my course. So, I looked into an apprenticeship and thought it would be great for me; I would earn while I was learning and it would put me in a good place for employment at the end of the apprenticeship programme. I would gain a valuable qualification at the end of my course, also many employers desire experience and as an apprentice you gain vast experience.

I think the best part of the course for me is learning how to work with people.  I am very much a people person and love the regular contact with customers.  My customer service course is really rewarding and I thoroughly enjoy it.

I would like to continue to work within administration, I thoroughly enjoy it.  I would love to continue employment with Tameside College but if this is not possible I will search for employment elsewhere.  I do foresee myself having a career within administration and I look forward to what opportunities come about for me.

Susie’s manager said “Having an apprentice working in the department has been very beneficial, and seeing the difference in somebody over a period of time is very rewarding.  I would not hesitate if I was asked to have another apprentice in the department; Susie’s skills have developed tremendously in the time she has been here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment