Wednesday 26 February 2014

Chloe- Business Administration Apprentice

Hi, I’m Chloé. I work in the Student Record department at Tameside College. I am currently working as a level 3 Business and Administration Apprentice. I have been at Tameside College for just over 2 years now and have covered two departments. My current role involves enrolling the students who attend the college, handling money and doing student cards. I also do general administration jobs, like printing, photocopying, sending letters, email internal/external customers and filing. I enjoy working with the people alongside me and meeting new people on a daily basis, which has built my confidence up.

 I also covered the Helpdesk role for IT Services, where I completed my level 2 businesses and admin, my main roles were to book jobs for the technicians, change student passwords and answer calls and emails. The best part of the apprenticeship is that I earn while I learn and that I am gaining experience in an office environment.

I would advise anyone to do an apprenticeship, my advice would be to stick to the apprenticeship to gain new skills, get experience, earn money while you get the qualification and hopefully get a full time job out of it.


Chloe’s Team Leader said: Chloe came into our Department and is a valued member of the team.  Her confidence has flourished and she is very willing in every aspect of the job. Chloe has gained vast experience since working with us dealing face to face and in her telephone skills. She is very warm and welcoming to all customers that we deal with and is very professional in her approach when dealing with outside bodies. She has learned a great deal about the office environment and data protection. It is also great that she gets paid while still learning various skills needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment