Thursday 27 February 2014

Victoria- Engineering Technologies Apprentice

Hi, I’m Victoria and I work in the Engineering Technologies Department of Tameside College as a level 3 Business Administration Apprentice and have worked here for 2 years.  I help to organise and complete the administration for the Business Improvement Techniques Team. These tasks include the organisation of enrolments and the forms which need to be completed, ensuring all students are enrolled and then registered correctly, minute any meetings which the team are involved in, keeping track of all students and helping the staff to complete any tasks which I can help with and reminding them of tasks which may need to be completed. As well as general admin tasks such as filing, photocopying, typing letters, taking phone calls and looking after the stationary for the department.

After leaving Fairfield High School and completing my A-levels at College, I chose an apprenticeship because I felt that I needed a break from full time education, and the thought of being in debt with no guaranteed job at the end led me into looking for an apprenticeship. This way I was gaining the experience, in my field of work, which most employers look for when advertising for new employees. When applying for an apprenticeship I received help from the Apprenticeships Department, within the College, where they helped and found me jobs to apply to and they helped me to improve my CV. An apprenticeship was best for me as I am earning whilst I am learning, as well as gaining my qualifications.

My advice for anyone looking to become an apprentice would be don’t hold back on applying for an apprenticeship as you think employers won’t be looking during that time of the year, they look during all months of the year, it is just finding the job and apprenticeship which will best suit you. Don’t worry about the workload as your assessor will help and guide you to understand and complete the units chosen, these will all be chosen by you so that they best suit your job role as everyone carries out different daily/weekly tasks.

My future plans are to hopefully obtain a full time job in Business Administration once I have completed my level 3 and progress further in the future once I have gained further experience.

Victoria’s Manager said: “Victoria has become a highly valued member of the team for Engineering Technologies; she has gained not only essential skills and experience but has gone from strength to strength with confidence and competence. We have all seen the difference in Victoria whilst she has been with us we have every confidence in her work and abilities. Victoria is challenged in her role on a daily basis and has exceeded our expectations; she has a great future ahead of her.”



No comments:

Post a Comment